The current passenger terminal facility began operations on October 9, 1982 and has undergone several renovations and expansions.
The passenger terminal building contains:
- 296,000 square feet on two public levels
- 65,000 square feet on the service level below ground level
- 25 aircraft parking positions adjacent to the two concourses
- Separate baggage claim and ticket counter areas for each concourse
The airfield facilities include three runways:
- The main runway, 5/23, is 10,001 feet long.
- The cross-wind runway, 14/32, is 6,380 feet long.
- The parallel runway, 5L/23R, is 9,000 feet long.
A Marriott Hotel, housing 299 rooms, is located on the loop road between the terminal building complex and Ted Johnson Parkway.
Piedmont Triad International Airport is part of a 4,000-acre campus. The campus is home to more than 50 companies that infuse nearly $6 billion into the local community annually. More than 5,700 people work on the campus. PTI is owned and operated by the Piedmont Triad Airport Authority. No local tax dollars are used to operate the airport.
Piedmont Triad International Airport
1000 Ted Johnson Pkwy
Greensboro, NC 27409
Located at the center of North Carolina and the midpoint of the East Coast, Piedmont Triad International Airport (PTI) is located at the hub of the Piedmont Triad region. The airport is situated between the cities of Greensboro, Winston-Salem and High Point where I-40, I-85 and I-73/I-74 converge. More than 4.5 million people live within a 90-minute drive of PTI.
Hours of Operation
The terminal building is open 24 hour a day, 365 days a year. TSA checkpoints open at 4:15 a.m. every day.